Friday, April 10, 2009

Hi Everyone, Happy Good Friday!
It was great having today off. The day started out beautiful sunny and warm. I ran out and got a ham for Sunday and stuff for my son's easter basket. I did explain to him (he's 14 next week) that I was only putting a few things in his basket this year (it's usually way too much stuff anyway - candy, fishing tackle, gift cards, etc.) because he is bugging me for an IPod Touch for his birthday. I asked him what was wrong with the IPod Nano I got him last year for his birthday? Oh, well that's old now, everyone in school has an IPod touch. So.....I try not to spoil him, but I'm pretty much all he has so I try to keep him in fashion with the other kids.
I can't believe he is going to be 14 next week. It seems like he was just two (and I hadn't even reached 30 yet.....). Time flies, much too fast. Sometimes I think of how much time I have left and I panic about all the things I wanted to do and haven't done yet. It's been said a million times but it's so true - life is too short. If only we could live to 200 and look at 50 how we looked when we were 25. So I may spoil my son some but I can never get back his childhood and if 14 years flew by that quick he will be grown up and gone before I know it!
I went on a beautiful hike through the woods and fields behind my house. It is so peaceful and serene, no traffic, no dogs...just the leaves under my feet and the soft rushing of the river and bubbling of the connecting brook. I love it out there. Very refreshing.
I had a good week. In one week and two days I have had five sales on Etsy. I am so excited and optimistic that I can do well at this. I'm having fun, anyway.
To anyone reading this, I hope you have a great weekend and a Happy Easter!
Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment