Monday, April 27, 2009

Hot in the Northeast

After weeks of everyone complaining and asking where the warm weather was...boom! We go from 50 to 85 degrees overnight. Although I wanted some warm sunshine it was too much, too quick. A week ago, I laid out in the sun and lasted less than a half hour and was too cold because the sun kept creeping behind the clouds. Yesterday I couldn't stay in the sun on my deck it was so hot. Of course the air conditioners weren't in yet so last night it got humid and was unbearable for sleeping upstairs. I ended up on the couch under the ceiling fan. Today was also hot but not as hot so it is bearable.
All I have heard about today, in the news, on the internet, on tv...the swine flu. Part of me thinks it is all hype, the media always gets everyone worked up. But part of me wonders, what if this does spread like crazy? They have had confirmed cases in New York and I am in Connecticut so it is not that far away. This is scary. I am really tired of hearing about it, not because I want to bury my head in the sand but because I would rather stay optimistic and think about happy things. I don't want to think about millions of people dying. I want to think about someday retiring to a cabin in the woods, my son growing up and getting to experience life.....
That is enough of that. Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet blog! :) Ya.. heard about the swine flu on tv / news / internet etc.. It has not come to Singapore at the moment. Hope it stays that way.. same for you at Connecticut :)

    ReplyDelete