Friday, April 3, 2009

Hi! I know it's old but Thank God It's Friday! I have had a great week all in all. I made my first invitation sale out of my home based shop on Monday. On Tuesday, I made my first sale on my Etsy site, plus I have a few promising inquiries.
Today was a very good day. I work in a middle school office. I am the secretary to the principal. The other secretary and myself attended a conference for school secretaries today. It was at an upscale resort and spa. Talk about eating....continental breakfast was nothing like the Best Western. Fresh fruit, coffee, bagels, toast, muffins, danishes. Then an hour and a half listening to a very motivational speaker. Then a break and another hour and a half learning about school laws. Then lunch was a lovely tossed salad, tuscan chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. And if that weren't enough, an awesome chocolate and whipped cream dessert! Then back to an hour of school law. Next, we were off to the "ball room" where there was a huge spread of cookies and coffee. I had one...I just couldn't eat anymore. Then we had 45 minutes of a musician and comedian. She was quite funny, it was a blast. Then they did a raffle of beautiful spa items (I didn't win) and it was over.
As it was wrapping up, I could hear thunder. I told my co-worker, let's go and beat the rain...too late, it was pouring. We had no umbrellas. I volunteered to go get the car and some nice lady from the conference offered me her umbrella if I would give her a ride to her car after I got mine. Great, this wouldn't be so bad. I trotted about 5 feet and went up to my ankles in water. Stupid me was wearing high heeled flip-flops. (It is spring....I thought it was going to be nice). Now I'm soaked up to my ankles.
The car ride home was slow and tedious in the rain. But finally, I have arrived, still stuffed and I am not making supper!!! It will be what we call "fend for yourself night" in my house.
Looking forward to a great weekend. Hope you are too!

1 comment:

  1. Your shop and blog are very beautiful.....please stay safe and we are getting really scary weather our way as I type this.....Have a blessed and happy Easter and thank you for following me.

    ReplyDelete